Tuesday 7 February 2012

Daydream Nation


Very excited, spent the day listening to my Goth section. Actually that means Killing Joke's Requiem, but that's enough for anybody. It was the biggest loudest thing I ever heard in the canteen of Oxford Brookes University long ago. I thought my bottle of wine, balanced between my ankles, would break to smitherines.
And in anticipation of Scott coming in and wrecking our kitchen and us in the bloody Premier Inn, I've just bought Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation. When that came out Nic Clear drilled, literally drilled, through his final diploma presentation at Westminster. In retrospect this was rather good, it certainly made for instant rebel status, now he's probably running the Bartlett. However, our Daydream Nation (Richter cover) was recorded before our present students were even born.

1 comment:

  1. Sonic Youth are one of most important bands of my generation (I was born 1981) so they have been around for the whole of my life.

    We live in a world where it is cool to be selling out. Sonic Youth and a small faction have not fallen into that trap.

    ReplyDelete