Thursday 28 April 2011

Spotified

So I'm spotified. All it takes is Julie to pop out for some reason or another and a bottle of whisky before a visit to mum and dad tomorrow, plus a bit of evening sunshine. So it's as below, plus of course the most awful bands I hate to like when I'm spotified. Simple Minds are possibly the worst, but I do remember them resounding across Lake Garda one evening about ten years ago sun setting etc, just the most magnificent thump across the water. I defy anyone not love the chunka chunka chunka guitar bit in Alive and Kicking (but of course we should respect the drummer more). Of course the lead singer's a twat.
What to play next? (I'm rockin' man) When else do you get the chance to listen to 'Waterfront'?
Come in come out of the rain- utter bollocks - but brilliant. I could easily fall off my designer (Dutch 1960's SS with peach uphol) chair if it didn't have nice designer arms.
Next it's the Passions 'I'm in Love with a German Film Star' bloody brilliant. Hope the neighbours approve. I always think I'm educatin'. What next? Refill the drink...and it's Gordon Lightfoot's 'Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'. Non drinkers will not understand this. Once I was in a tent on the top of some hills in Scotland in a force 10 gale with a couple of Liverpudlian girls for warmth and that song played on our tiny little radio. I think it was the Cheviots.
Of course, to follow, a live version of 'Back in the Saddle Again' Aerosmith's finest hour.
I'll conclude with Killing Joke (Requiem) the loudest band I ever heard...or maybe some 'Sisters'


No comments:

Post a Comment