Monday 21 March 2011

Life's been good

After a hard day drilling the hamsters on the prospect of their dissertations it was with relief I found myself back in The White Horse for some welcome whisky before we have to schlep off to Finland. Actually, the place appeared populated by nobody but a quartet of drunk twenty something suits reduced to little more than slouching and thumbs up signage but that suited me fine (I suspect Helsinki will be the same- things certainly don't sound good as our forward party report back 'So tired they can hardly speak'). Christie was dancing, always a vision of happiness, and Lily was lounging about in a most engaging way, making it clear to me that she did not 'babble' (see past post) but had rather an 'insouciance' about her. We discussed fine literature. Really she's terrific, but I am a fat, bearded old man, at least 'old' in the context of once being 'young'. But hell, what with training the hamsters and dancers training to be sexologists, and sausage and mash for supper, life's been good to me so far.

1 comment:

  1. Ah,the gilded the Lily! Enough and re Helsinki.
    You will also be 'So tired they can hardly speak' after a few shots of 'Koskenkorva'. Made from barley macerated in high-purity alcohol with a little amount of sugar.
    The most common national clear spirit in Finland. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete